Samsung Tizen Z3 is a Smartphone that was launched in December 2015. It comes with a 5.00-inch touch screen display along with resolution of 720×1280 pixels. The phone price in India cost around Rs.5590.
This Tizen-based smartphone has good feature regarding its pricing. But do you think it would be good to jump into Tizen OS from Android/iOS? Let’s have a quick look on Samsung Tizen Z3 features and find out some of the pros and cons of this smartphone.
Design and Build
It has a dimension for about 141.6x70x7.9mm (5.57×2.76×0.31 inches) and its weight up to 137 Gram and follows the same design factor of most galaxy devices. Still, Samsung Tizen Z3 is a good looking device which nice to hold for its light-weight and 7.9mm thick finish.
Platform and Processor
The operating system of this device has the Tizen version of 2.3; with upgradable to v, 2.4. It has Spreadtrum SC7730 chipsets, with the Quad-core processor of 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 and Mali-400. Performance is quite good for multitasking.
It has the memory storage in the external up to 128GB (uses SIM2 slot) along with micro-SD. Internal storage up to 8GB. Samsung Galaxy Tizen Z3 has 1GB of RAM, to be honest, 1GB RAM is pretty fair for this OS and costing.
Z3 has an oval shape home button; it is found on all Samsung Galaxy devices. The screen is bigger as compared to Z1 with 5 inches. The volume buttons are on the left, and the power button is on the right. But the back panel nearly stays the same no change. The Z3 is much slimmer than Z1 almost 2mm and also with a good grip which comes handy for the user to handle it with one hand.
Its type of display come with super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors. Its size comes with 5 inches with the resolution of up to 720×1280 pixels, and it also has a multi-touch display. You won’t find any negative sign when this comes in display segment. AMOLED display is quite impressive and sharp, which is one of the plus point having this device.
Primary camera comes with 8 megapixels with auto-focus along with LED flashlight. It is also featuring with Geo-tagging, face detection and with Panorama, HDR. Shoot video up to 720p@30fps. Its secondary camera has 5 megapixels for selfie shoot.
The battery has removable Li-Ion with 2600mAh and talk time up to 15h for 3G and music player up to 55h.
Other Features of Samsung Z3
The connectivity on this device through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS system and Radio and also has USB (micro-USB and USB on the go).
It has Accelerometer and proximity sensors. Messaging, you can go with SMS, Email, and Push mail and through IM. The browser is HTML but no java. Another feature of this device it has MP4 /H.264 player, MP3/WAV/AAC/Flac player and also has a photo viewer and document viewer within the device.
Pros of Samsung Tizen Z3
- The first thing which I like about the Z3 is that it has super AMOLED with crystal clear display, which makes you to see everything clearly on the phone without any blurriness.
- With this device, you can play full HD video easily without any disturbance. In some other device, full HD video does not support but not with this device where you can enjoy watching full HD video clearly anywhere you are.
- The performance of the phone is very smooth that gives the user to operate the device smoothly without any error.
- The battery is removable which is a good thing as you have seen in some devices battery cannot be removed.
- Z3 memory can be extendable for up to 128GB which is the best thing if you are having large files on your device it will definitely extend your memory.
- Lastly, but not the least it has a feature like Ultra Data Saving mode and also Ultra Power Saving mode which is helpful to save your internet data and battery life.
Cons of Samsung Tizen Z3
- Auto brightness is not available on this device.
- Even though its rear camera has 8 megapixels but it does not give good quality of the picture.
- With this device, the user has fewer options for choosing any apps, as Tizen app store has very limited app selection.
- This device does not have any special Glass protection in case if it gets damages.
- It does not support 4G on this device.
- On this device, if you are having Whatsapp account and send voice messages or call it will not support.