Sony is a very famous company that have offered a variety of mobile phones. Xperia J is another Android smartphone that has released in 2012. This good looking smartphone is quite impressive in looks, but it has some big holes in the features that a user would love to have. So, before you buy Sony Xperia J, you should know about this Android smartphone.
Here I have brought a complete review of this smartphone as Sony Xperia J Pros and Cons.
So, before you went and purchased the phone, you must see my review of this Sony Xperia J which is another budget-centric Android smartphone. So, let’s check out some pros and cons of Xperia J in down below.
Sony Xperia J is designed with a plastic predominant material. Its front side of the phone looks quite plain and not interesting, but it does have a curved body side with a lot of stylish and funkier looks which makes the handset stand out easily. It has a finishing with matte, battery cover of Smartphone extremely has fingerprints resistant, that provides enough grip on phone. Thus this device makes us feel more comfortable to hold and can operate the device with just single handed.
This device has a long lasting battery which is removable Li-Ion 1750mAh. It gives battery stand by up to 607h which is 2G and also up to 618h which is 3G on your phone. It also allows for the talk time up to 5h 36 min for 2G users and for 3G users up to 7h 18 min.
Display of this phone has 4-inch LCD which is actually quite good for the users. It has 480 by 854 pixels which may not be worth for HD, but it has 245 pixels per inch which are not sufficient enough. It has TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M color, with 4 inches of touchscreen to the body ratio. It has a multi-touch up to 2 fingers, and it has Corning Gorilla Glass protection for display, which is quite good enough for hardcore phone users.
Sony Xperia J has 5 megapixels as primary camera with autofocus, and LED flashlight and also checks its quality of the background of picture. It has a geo-tagging and has touch focus on the phone. Through this device, you can watch video up to 480p, and its secondary camera has VGA. It is useful for those who are photo conscious.
Pros of Sony Xperia J
- For Xperia lovers I would say, this smartphone does have good looking and stylish design with back curbed. Personally, this smartphone feel very nice in hand to hold.
- Next thing about this device is that it has proximity sensor with active noise cancellation which is very cool as this kind of facility is not available in other Sony Xperia model.
- Thanks to Gorilla Glass Protection which is decent to protect your display from scratches and accidental crack.
Cons for Sony Xperia J
- It has a 4GB inbuilt storage facility that is it is available for 2GB RAM for each user. Yeah! This offers an expandable memory, but we know importance of internal memory. 4GB internal memory with just 2GB user available would be painful when you run out of internal memory.
- It has a 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus, it has single LED flashlight with geo-tagging touch focus. But picture quality is not that great even in a light/Outdoor condition.
- It does not have any DivX/XviD support.
- Its loudspeaker does not produce much sound on, whenever we play a music on this smartphone.
- It has secondary VGA front facing camera. Seriously Sony!! Some of these things are the main reason Sony losing it’s market share in the mobile market. Well, I am saying this because in this selfie generation VGA camera is not acceptable.
- It does not support dual Sims on device. Why Sony? As most of the smartphone maker coming with Dua-SIM support, this smartphone comes with single SIM only.
- It has 1GHz of cortex with A5 CPU and Adreno for 200 GPU with Qualcomm MSM7227A chipset which is powered by 512MB RAM on this phone. Performance-wise this smartphone is very under-performer
- It runs on Android OS version of 4.04 or Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Sony Xperia has 4.0”16M color TFT with a capacity of having Touchscreen of FWVGA. It has a resolution of 480×854 pixels with a touch screen. Display quality is very poor for watching photos and videos, at this pricing, we can expect HD/720p display.