Xiaomi has already turned out to be one of the well-known brands of Smartphone and other Smartphone Gadgets and Accessories. And with launch of latest Xiaomi Mi Note 2, things have even turned to be better for Xiaomi. This is a superphone from Xiaomi that can directly compete with Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
When it comes to premium devices, Xiaomi has now registered itself as a great competitor for high-end devices. With a most advanced specification that Xiaomi has worked on till now, Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is definitely the greatest edition of Smartphone launched by Xiaomi. So now let’s look into few of pros and cons that come along with a device.
Unique Design Concept:
Xiaomi Note 2 comes with an all glass finish that packs a punch with its unique 3D Curved display. Curved glass is embedded on both sides which don’t only give a punchy premium look but also feels really comfy in hand.
The Volume up and down and power buttons have been embedded on side of smartphone, which is made of metal which gives it a more premium feeling. On the side, you will get SIM port, and yes it comes with two nano SIM cards.
Right on the front, you see Mini key with a Fingerprint sensor. Thickness of Xiaomi Mi Note is 7.7mm with 165grams, which is not quite bad for its size with a great build quality.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is packed with a 4070mAh battery which ultra thin kept device’s thickness well under control. The battery last for 22days on standby.
Curved & Flexible Display Technology:
A new display is a 5.7” Curved OLED FHD screen with 386 PPI. This makes display look really good with default black theme upon first start up. Display is quite handy even under harsh sunlight with a new technology of adapting its brightness and contrast with surrounding.
New Camera Technology:
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 primary camera comes with a Sony sensor 22.MP f/2 with Image stabilization, EIS gyroscope, autofocus, A dual tone dual led flash, 1/2.6” sensor size, 1µm geo-tagging, touch focus face detection, and panorama. So you will be basically getting every small and large feature.
Front facing camera comes with an 8MP, f/2 autofocus which is decent enough for day to day selfies.
camera interface comes with the entire basic requirement and few other different mods with MIUI 8 like Group Shot, time shift, enhance low light photo automatically. Video mode comes with slow motion and time-lapse. You can take quick clicks & selfies with its fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Pros:
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 comes with a lot of props like it’s well played 64GB with 4GB RAM and other 6GB RAM with 128GB storage. The processor that it comes in with is a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 with an Adreno 530. MIUI8 interface is great; it is fluid and fast adding more user satisfaction.
- Sony sensor camera is really good, autofocus and image stabilization work like a charm when in indoor and outdoor. The depth of an image is well played by f/2.0 with 1/2.6” sensor.
- A large 4050 mAh battery has a really good standby time of 22days.
- Build quality is excellent with all glass finish which adds more of premiums feel to phone.The black theme as I said before looks bezel-less with a new black colored option Xiaomi Mi Note 2 adding a flagship feel to phone.
- Fingerprint is really accurate and fast and can be relied on as the primary lock option.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Cons:
- Now coming to cons of Xiaomi Mi Note 2, first and foremost thing that I found was that AMOLED FHD display didn’t have crispness and sharpness compared to other AMOLED FHD displays.
- Second most and probably the worst would be an SD card slot which isn’t provided with Xiaomi Mi Note 2. So, you have to choose between 64GB and 128GB variant, as that all you will have.
- Audio quality even with 2 microphones is quite low; maybe it is due to the fact that audio is recorded on just 95kbps.
- And last thing that Xiaomi should remove is the phone unlocking feature. You basically have to wake phone up then use the fingerprint scanner to unlock smartphone, which brings in hassle while in a hurry.